What is the Admailr Private Marketplace?
The Admailr Private Marketplace allows publishers (content owners,newsletters owners) to manage their ad orders within email publications/newsletters.
Note: Publishers have to link their Admailr Advertiser account with their Admailr Publisher account in order to see their own Private Marketplace options.
- Admailr Advertiser Account. If you don’t have one click here to register.
- Admailr Publisher Account. If you don’t have one click here to register.
How do I set up my Private Marketplace?
Prerequisites: Publisher Account Linked to Advertiser Account. If your accounts are not linked click here to learn how.
Creating Private Ads in the Advertiser’s account
- Login to your Advertiser account.
- On the dashboard click ‘CREATE CAMPAIGN’ or you can select 'Manage' on the top menu and ‘CAMPAIGNS’ and then choose NEW AD CAMPAIGN.
- After selecting Create Campaign you will go into Step 1 of the Wizard. Enter an Advertiser Name (this will be the name of the advertiser),
- Enter a Campaign name (banner name). This will be how you identify the banner. So use something that describes the banner itself.
- Select Visibility as Private. This is important. You want to make sure you are the only Publisher who can see thee ads.
- Click Create and this will move you to Step 2.
- In Step 2, choose the banner size you want to upload using the dropdown as shown below.
- Next you will want to Upload your banner image. Select browse to browse through files on your computer. Once you find the file select it and choose UPLOAD.
- Enter your Destination URL – This is where the recipient will be redirected when he clicks on the banner also known as Landing Page URL or Link. Make sure to use the full path. i.e. Https://www.admailr.com and not just admailr.com. You will not be able to save unless the full path is inserted.
- When done hit ‘
- . This will bring you to Step 3
- In Step 3 you will select the GEO targetting of your Ads. As of right now we have US or ALL. We will be adding deeper GEO locations in future updates so look for those announcements.
- Select SAVE to finish. Upon save a pop up message will be displayed ‘Your Private Ads have been saved successfully. It is available in the Publisher account.’
- After saving your campaign you will get an email notification. Follow any steps provided within that email notification.
Creating a Publisher’s Campaign from ads generated in the Advertiser’s Account
- Access your Publisher’s panel
- Choose Campaigns from the Top Menu and then Choose Private Campaigns
- Once you are on the Private Campaigns page Select 'Create New Campaign'
- Enter the Campaign Name (Similar to Line Item Name). You can put the newsletter name here.
- Enter the CPM for this Campaign (CPM = Cost Per 1000 Impressions)
- Enter the Impressions Limit (Impressions are how many times it will be viewed)
- Select your start and end dates for this campaign. You also have options to Start Immediately and No End Date.
- Select how you want to Deliver Impressions. You can choose to have your banners show evenly which means if you have 2 banners then they will show the same amount of times. You can choose Ad Campaign Evenly. This means it will go by the Ad campaign. So if you have 2 ads in 1 campaign and 4 in other campaign then each banner will rotate between 6 ads and distribute those 6 evenly. Lastly we have As Fast as possible and this basically means front load the ads so they get out first. This may be used in case you are using your ads and back-filling with other ads and you want these ads to use all impressions first.
- Select banner(s) that will be used for this campaign. To do this you will simply select the checkbox next to the banner. There is a magnifying glass there so you can preview the banner and if you named your banner with a good description you should be able to recognize it under the 'Banner Name'
- Click Save to finish
Note: The banners will only show up if they are running in the Advertiser account. They are not visible if they are paused in the Advertiser account. We do this so you can pause a banner without having to update the generated tag code in the newsletter you will see later on.
Upon Save you will be brought back to the Private Campaigns screen where you will see either a green or blue status circle. Green means the campaign is “RUNNING” and blue means it is “Scheduled for a Future Date” . If you see a red circle it means the campaign is Paused. You can unpause a campaign by selecting the campaign and choosing “RUN CAMPAIGN“
Creating an Order
- Click ‘Campaigns’ from the Top Menu and select ‘ORDERS‘
- Next select ‘CREATE NEW ORDER‘.
- In the order settings enter the information required. Name – enter the name for this order
- Select ESP– field selection is needed because each esp has its own code for placing the ads. NOTE: If you don’t see your ESP please let us know and we will add it.
- Select type of code Options. Here you will want to select Private. Unless you are back-filling with Admailr ads then you will choose Both.
- Public – all active public ads from all advertisers in the system will take place in rotation.
- Private – active private ads from selected campaigns will take place in rotation.
- Both – first system works as “Private”. Once all campaigns are finished (by schedule or impressions limit), spot switches to “Public” typeOnce all parameters are set, hit the ‘Create Order button’,
Generate Order Code (Display Banner Tag)
- Create New Ad Unit
- Unit Label - This will be what you name the ad space. i.e. top banner 728x90
- Unit Domain - If you did your onboarding correctly and added your URLs to the URL Manager, then you will see your brand URL in this drop down. Select the Brand for this ad unit.
- Select Banner Size - This will be the size of the space of where your ads will fill.
- Use Encrypted Email - Use encrypted if your ESP supports it.
- Save and Get Code
- Once you select Save and Get code you will see your Insert Code. Copy this and place this in the HTML of your email newsletter with your ESP. Don't worry if you are not quite ready yet. If you choose close you can retrieve this again by clicking get code in the order area.
- Below you will see the option to Get Code if you ever need it in the future.
- Lastly you will want to select the Optimization tag to put in the footer of your email. Before selecting the Optimization tag you will want to select the domain as you did in your Ad units. This will be your Band Domain.
- Copy to Clipboard option will allow you to copy the code and paste it in your email newsletter.
Let us know if you have any questions and happy Admailing!